PolyTeQ was formed in 2002 as the Technical Services division of CCL Secure to assist in the seamless transition from paper to polymer banknotes. The name is derived from ‘Polymer’ and ‘Technical’, with the ‘Q’ representing quality.
We provide global technical support to central banks and monetary authorities, security printers, banknote designers, cash handlers, equipment and technology suppliers and other parties involved in the Guardian™ polymer chain.
A global network of skilled PolyTeQ Central Bank Advisors and Technical Project Managers is available to assist in the following areas:
- Implementation of Guardian™ banknote technology at central banks and security printers;
- Training of designers on all technical aspects of polymer banknote design;
- Third party feature integration into Guardian™ polymer banknotes;
- Facilitating continuous improvement and innovation initiatives across the cash cycle; and
- On-going support and expert advice upon request and as agreed with customers and partners.
The vast experience gained since the introduction of polymer banknote technology in 1988, and following the technology’s continuous development, provides PolyTeQ with the skills, knowledge and expertise in all aspects of Guardian™ banknote technology. Based on this, we have developed a comprehensive technology education and skills transfer program, ensuring a reduced learning curve and quicker return on investment.